Chase Cabinetry is a small custom cabinetry and cabinet refacing company located in Welland, Ontario. Established in 2016, we provide service to the Greater Niagara Region. We pride ourselves on the quality of our products and our commitment to client satisfaction.
We are currently seeking an individual who has training in the industry and is interested in occasional hours on an as needed/on call basis.
If the following job description appeals to you and you meet the minimum requirements, we would love to hear from you.
Cabinetmaker Assistant Position Description
|Position Title||Cabinetmaker Assistant|
|Reports To||Chase Collings, Owner|
|Status||On Call/As Needed|
|Rate||$15.00 per hour|
The Cabinetmaker Assistant works closely with Chase Collings, Owner of Chase Cabinetry to ensure that clients receive their finished product in a timely professional manner and to Chase Cabinetry’s exacting quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities that the Cabinetmaker Assistant has will vary from project to project but may include:
- Create detailed drawings and provide shop drawings.
- Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
- Review blueprints or other instructions to determine operational methods or sequences.
- Make layouts and patterns.
- Set up and operate woodworking equipment.
- Estimate the amount and type of material needed and the cost.
- Select the wood or wood substitute.
- Measure, cut, shape, mould and assemble components of wood and wood substitutes to produce pieces of a project.
- Measure dimensions of completed products or workpieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Assemble the product by gluing, clamping, dowelling, nailing and screwing pieces together.
- Scrape and sand the unit and apply a finish such as veneer, paint, stain, plastic laminate, varnish or lacquer.
- Install hardware, such as hinges, handles, catches, or drawer pulls, using hand tools.
- Repair or refinish wooden furniture and fixtures.
- Deliver and install finished cabinetry and millwork.
- Order supplies and communicate with clients and suppliers as directed.
Qualifications – Minimum Requirements
- The ability to work on call, as needed.
- Available week days, weekends and evenings.
- Graduate of, or current enrollment in, a recognized post-secondary Cabinetmaker/Woodworker training program.
- Experience with woodworking equipment, hand and power tools.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check (at applicant’s expense).
- The ability to satisfactorily complete all mandatory training requirements including WHMIS, AODA Customer Service, Respectful Workplace, and Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers.
- Have CSA approved safety boots, safety glasses and earmuffs or ear plugs.
- The ability to adhere to Chase Cabinetry policies and procedures and statutory safety regulations and laws.
Qualifications – Preferred
- 1+ year of experience in a similar position.
- Current First Aid Certification.
- Fluent in French and English.
- Personal vehicle to travel to work sites. May not be on public transportation.
Qualifications – Personal Suitability
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to visualize a finished product from drawings.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with colleagues, clients and suppliers.
The Cabinetmaker Assistant will typically work indoors in a shop environment and/or a client’s home. The Cabinetmaker Assistant may be exposed to high noise levels, airborne sawdust, and chemicals from painting and gluing. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required and to be supplied by the employee.
- Good eyesight to select woods and wood substitutes and look for surface imperfections.
- Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- The strength, stamina, and ability to use proper lifting techniques to lift items weighing in excess of 25 kilograms.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Please forward a resume and cover letter to [email protected] Although we appreciate all submissions, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.